top of page
Orange County Acid and Chlorine Washes
What is Acid Wash Pool Cleaning?
An acid wash is a popular choice for removing tough stains from plaster and Pebble Tec pools. An acid wash consists of a mixture of water and muriatic acid. The acid makes contact with the pool's surface and gently removes a small layer, revealing a fresh layer of plaster underneath. This type of cleaning is intense and best-suited for removing tough surface stains from plaster and Pebble Tec.
before acid wash
after acid wash
From time to time, even the best kept pools will need to have an acid wash performed. Tiles and plaster may become stained and lose the glorious luster it once had. Algae can grow rampant despite other cleaning methods and eventually an acid may be the solution to your pool cleaning worries. A Victory Pool and Spa Services technician can easily diagnose your problem and proceed with the proper cleaning method.
1. First we drain the water completely from the pool, removing any leaves or debris as the water drops.
2. Once the pool is empty, we spray the pool walls with water.
3. We then pour an acid/water mixture down the side of the wall (applying to one section at a time).
4. After about 30 seconds of allowing the acid to do it's work, we scrub the wall using a acid brush.
5. We then rinse the wall and continue working around the pool until every section has been treated.
6. The acid-wash water at the bottom of the pool is neutralized using soda ash.
7. The mixture is pumped into a sewer cleanout using a submersible pump.
8. The pool is rinsed once more, pumped and then refilled.
Our detailed pool cleaning service will take your pool water from GREEN to CLEAN, no matter what the severity of algae is in your pool. The alkalinity and pH need to be adjusted to speed up the pool recovery along with using pool shock. With some heavy algae conditions, it might be necessary to look at a good acid or chlorine wash to alleviate the problem.
before chlorine wash
after chlorine wash
call Us Today!
bottom of page